Pokemon Ultra Moon 3DS (EU & UK)
It’s time to get your surfboards out as the Pokémon franchise returns to the Alola region. Ultra Moon allows you to catch up with all your favourite Pocket Monsters in the latest game from the world-acclaimed series. This is more than just a repackage of 2016’s Pokémon Moon however, Ultra Moon brings a raft of new features that are sure to keep fans of the franchise and newcomers entertained for days. One feature that’s sure to have replay value is the brand-new minigame, Mantine Surf. As gamers traverse the beautiful open-world of Alola, they will come across many beaches, it is based on Hawaii after all. Once there, they can ride on a Mantine and surf through the waves, performing a range of tricks in an effort to win prizes and level up.
Of course, no updated Pokémon game would be complete without a whole new host of creatures to capture. Ultra Moon and its sister-title Ultra Sun now have the option to catch every single legendary Pokémon that has ever graced the series. If you want to train the gigantic Kyogre or the cute Latias, you can. Elsewhere, three new Ultra Beasts have been introduced though only one is physically catchable in-game: UB Assembly.Developer, Game Freak, has also added a new trial to include the much-loved fairy typing. Those gamers who are familiar with the game’s predecessor will know that Moon did away with the gyms that had been a mainstay in the Pokémon series since the beginning. Instead, Island Trials were brought in to shake up the formula. Ultra Moon now brings in another Island Trial in which players must travel around Alola and battle the Trial Captains towards the games climax.
The Festival Plaza was one of Moon’s best qualities and fans will be overjoyed to see the online feature returning in Ultra Moon. A new feature in this edition is the inclusion of the Battle Agency. Here, players ‘rent’ different Pokémon for a variety of battles. The Pokémon found within the Battle Agency are a combination of trainer creatures and stock animals from within the Festival Plaza itself. Players will also be pleased to learn that fan-favourite Mimikyu will be getting its own exclusive Z-Move for the very first time. Called Let’s Snuggle Forever, this powerful move sees the Pokémon approach its target and envelop it in its trademark cloak. Other new Z-Moves have also been introduced thanks to a new Z-Power Ring.
- Your next big Pokémon adventure awaits in Alola! - Ominous dark clouds are spreading in the sky above the Alola region, the setting of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. New buildings and landscapes appear that were not previously seen in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
- Necrozma's New Tale Unfolds! - A story unfolds on a grand scale, with the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma at its center. Secrets about Necrozma and the Alola region—undisclosed in the previous games—will come to light. It has been revealed that the mysterious Pokémon shown on the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon packages is in fact Necrozma, after it has taken over the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo or Lunala. These forms of Necrozma are called Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma.
- Explore new worlds and areas! - Travel through an Ultra Wormhole that lead to different worlds. You can even go to the home worlds of the mysterious Ultra Beasts!
- Ride the waves with Mantine Surfing! - Have fun with Mantine Surf, a sport that lets you ride on Mantine’s back.
- Discover Legendary Pokémon like never before! - Get all the Legendary Pokémon from previous games and add them to your team!
- Over 400 Pokémon to catch! - Explore Alola and meet Pokémon new to the region that didn’t appear in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, including those from other regions!
- Encounter Team Rainbow Rocket! - Made up of the bosses from past titles in the Pokémon series, square off against what might be your greatest challenge yet!
- New Z-Moves! - With the new Z-Power Ring, unleash even more varieties of Z-Moves!
Instructions on redeeming a software download code in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch.
- An internet connection and Nintendo Account are required to access Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch.
- For assistance with redeeming a code for a Nintendo Switch Online membership, click here.
Complete These Steps:
- Select “Nintendo eShop” on the HOME Menu to launch Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account you want to use.
- Select “Redeem Code” on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code.
- Some retailer cards for Nintendo Switch software will include both a Control Number and a Download Code. Make sure that you are entering the Download Code (usually begins with a B, no hyphens in the number) and not the Control Number (usually begins with an S, has hyphens).
- Any letters and symbols not used with prepaid codes (i.e. O, I, Z, commas, hyphens, etc.) will be disabled from the on-screen keyboard.
- Select “Confirm”. The software will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.
- The software icon will appear on the HOME Menu, with a download status bar. The status bar will disappear once the game download is complete.